How to Cancel YouTube Premium: A Quick Guide
So, you’ve been enjoying the ad-free, offline, and background play features of YouTube Premium, but now you’re thinking about calling it quits. Maybe it’s the monthly fee, or perhaps you’ve found a better alternative (hello, YouTube Vanced!).
Whatever the reason, you’re here to learn how to cancel YouTube Premium, and we’ve got you covered. In this guide, we’ll walk you through the process with humour, examples, and insights to make it as painless as possible. Let’s dive in!
The Breakup Process: How to Cancel YouTube Premium
Cancelling YouTube Premium is like ending a relationship: it can be messy, but it’s necessary to move on. Here’s a step-by-step guide to help you break free from your YouTube Premium subscription:
- Open the YouTube app on your Android or iOS device, or visit YouTube on your desktop browser.
- Tap your profile picture in the top-right corner and select “Paid memberships.”
- Find the YouTube Premium membership you want to cancel and tap on it.
- For Android and desktop users, tap “Deactivate” or “Manage Membership” and then “Deactivate”. For iOS users, tap “Manage Apple Subscriptions”.
- You’ll be prompted with a warning message. If you’re sure about cancelling, tap “Continue to cancel.”
- Select a reason for cancelling (or don’t; it’s up to you), and confirm your decision.
And just like that, you’ve cancelled your YouTube Premium subscription! Remember, you’ll still have access to the Premium features until your current billing cycle ends.
The Aftermath: Life After YouTube Premium
Now that you’ve cancelled YouTube Premium, you might be wondering what’s next. Here are some alternatives to consider if you still want to enjoy an enhanced YouTube experience without the monthly fee:
- YouTube Vanced: A popular alternative that offers ad-free playback, background play, and more. However, it’s not an official YouTube app and may involve some risks.
- NewPipe: An open-source alternative for Android users that provides ad-free playback and background play, but it’s unavailable on the Google Play Store.
- SkyTube: Another open-source alternative for Android users, offering ad-free playback and a clean interface.
Remember, life after YouTube Premium might involve some adjustments, like dealing with ads or finding new ways to download videos for offline viewing. But hey, change can be a good thing, right?
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can I still access my downloaded videos after cancelling YouTube Premium
No, once your YouTube Premium subscription ends, you’ll lose access to your downloaded videos.
Can I get a refund after cancelling YouTube Premium?
If you signed up for YouTube Premium via Apple, you must contact Apple support to request a refund. Apple’s refund policy will apply. In other cases, refunds are generally not available.
Can I resubscribe to YouTube Premium in the future?
Absolutely! If you decide to give YouTube Premium another shot, you can resubscribe at any time.
Conclusion: Embracing the Post-Premium World
Cancelling YouTube Premium might feel like a big step, but with this guide, you can easily navigate the process. Whether switching to an alternative or returning to the ad-filled world of regular YouTube, remember that change can lead to new discoveries and experiences. So, embrace the post-Premium world and happy YouTubing.
*The information this blog provides is for general informational purposes only and is not intended as financial or professional advice. The information may not reflect current developments and may be changed or updated without notice. Any opinions expressed on this blog are the author’s own and do not necessarily reflect the views of the author’s employer or any other organization. You should not act or rely on any information contained in this blog without first seeking the advice of a professional. No representation or warranty, express or implied, is made as to the accuracy or completeness of the information contained in this blog. The author and affiliated parties assume no liability for any errors or omissions.